POI's (Points Of Interest) are useful landmarks on your map such as: gas stations, hotels, restaurants etc. You can easily add POI's directly to your map by accessing our vast POI database system. Adding POI's through TomTom MyDrive is currently only possible by using the .ov2 file type. This file type sums a list of created POI's, and excludes waypoints.
We advice you to use the TomTom map during the following process:
Steps for adding POI's to your route:
1. Open your route, and select 'Search POI's' on the left of your screen
A = Search POI's
B = Zoom map to load POI's, meaning that POI's will only appear when you've zoomed in far enough for them to load. After you've zoomed in enough, this emblem will change to the color green with the text "Select POI's"
C = The POI category menu. Select which type of POI you're looking for by selecting any category
2. Select the type of POI's you wish to add and zoom in far enough for them to appear. Note that it might take the map a few seconds to load all the POI's in compacter area's. If you're not certain whether or not you're zoomed in far enough to view POI's, look to see if the your emblem has changed to green with the 'Select POI's' text.
3.Select a desired POI and click on '+add'
*Toevoegen = Add
4. The following window will pop-up
Select a name for your POI, and then check the 'POI' box to add the point as an actual POI to your route. This wil make it so that your navigation device will recognize this point to be an actual POI.
This POI (and any other POI you add), will be located inside of the 'Manage POI's' tab on the left of your screen. This is also where, at any time, you can remove a POI from your map.
Steps to save your POI's through MyDrive:
1. Make sure you have created a TomTom MyDrive account.
2. Make sure your smartphone has an Internet connection for your Rider (if necessary, see the TomTom user manual).
3. Open or create a route in the MyRoute app web, preferably in the TomTom map.
4. Choose "Save As" above right, and then right at the bottom before 'TomTom MyDrive (beta)'.
5. Fill in your MyDrive your email address and below that your MyDrive password.
6. For POI-export select: ov2(POI)
7. Your POI-file is now uploaded to MyDrive
Steps for opening your POI's
1. Start your TomTom, click "Menu", then "My Places", click on the POI file.
2. Click on the POIs one by one, then click the three dots and click 'Add to place'.
3. Now you can change the name if you want and then click 'Add' at the bottom right.
4. The POI has been added with the name and icon on the map of your TomTom.
5. Have fun and drive safely!